2010 BarbecueCoach.com member's Grand Championships & Reserve Grands!...
- Congratulations to Lenard Cook of Cook's Portable Smokehouse for their win in Starke, FL. Not only did he win, but he did it in high fashion too! 3rd place chicken, 5th place
ribs, 6th place pork, and a great 1st place brisket with the highest ever brisket score in an FBA event. Way to go Lenard!
- Also congratulations to The Ross Team for their win at the Hasan Shrine Spring Festival in Albany, GA. They took 6th in chicken, 1st in ribs, 7th in pork, and 4th in brisket.
- Congrats to Dennis of 4 Smokin Butts with a great Reserve Grand in the Hazelwood, MO Kick-Off Cook-Off. he placed 6th in ribs, 10th in pork, and 10th in brisket. Way to go members!
- Congratulations to Dennis with the 4 Smokin Butts for their Reserve Grand in the Benton, IL Best Dam BBQ Cookoff. They had very nice walks with 4th in chicken, 1st in pork, and 5th in brisket. Way to go Dennis!
- Two members went head to head at the Boone's Lick Trail BBQ Contest in Columbia, MO. Border War Smokers and 4 Smokin Butts...Border War Smokers took Grand with another 1st place chicken,
6th in ribs and 3rd in brisket. 4 Smokin Butts took 3rd overall with nice walks with 1st in ribs, 4th in pork, and 11th in brisket. Way to rake in the money boys! These two teams are HOT!
- Hi Bill, Our team Stan's Roadside BBQ took Grand Champion at the 2010 ABC Grillin on the Playa in Corpus Christi, Tx on 7-24-2010. There were 38 teams participating and we placed 1st in Brisket and 1st in Ribs winning
over $3,200 including an automatic entry into next years event. This was our 5th contest ever. Thanks for the great videos! stanq
- 4 Smokin Butts wins another Reserve Grand at the Great Pacific BBQ in Pacific, MO. They had nice walks with 5th chicken, 3rd pork, and 4th brisket.
- A big congrats to Cory Poulsen of Saucy Hogs who won Grand at the East Central State BBQ Cook-off: Paola Roots Festival in Paola, KS. They took 1st place brisket, 4th place chicken, and 5th place pork. This is a huge win
over 70 other teams!
- Congrats to Pickin Porkers for their nice Reserve Grand at Smoke on the Beach in Myrtle Beach, SC. They had 4 good walks with 5th in chicken, 4th in ribs, 1st in pork, and 3rd in brisket.
- A huge congrats to Dennis of 4 Smokin Butts for his Grand at the Smoke on the River BBQ contest in Quincy, IL. After many reserves and several 3rd and 4th's overall, he finally did it with 7th in chicken, 1st in ribs, 2nd in pork,
and 4th in brisket. Way to go Dennis!
- 4 Smokin Butts is on a roll with a very nice Grand at the Q'n For a Cause in Columbia, MO. He had nice walks with 2nd in chicken, 3rd in ribs, 1st in pork, and 3rd in brisket.
- Wooley Bully BBQ Mafia took Grand at the Smokin' Pig Fest in Lake City, FL. They were 1st in ribs, 3rd in pork, and 2nd in brisket. Way to go!
- 4 Smokin Butts is smokin hot! Another Grand in Hermann, MO at the Hermann BarBQ & Brats Festival. He took 9th in chicken, 2nd in ribs, 9th in pork, and 6th in brisket. Congratulations!
- 3 members went head to head at the Squealin' in the Square contest in Laurens, SC. Sue E. Pig came out 3rd overall and had very nice walks with 1st in ribs and 1st in brisket. Divine Smoke was 4th overall with 6th in ribs,
8th in pork, and 8th in brisket. Pickin Porkers was 7th overall with 4th in chicken, 2nd in ribs, and 10th in brisket. A very nice showing for BarbecueCoach.com members!
- 2010 American Royal Invitational... Only the best teams in the world are invited to this contest and Swine Assassins came out 6th overall with 1st in chicken and 2nd in ribs. That's not just good, that's excellent!
- 2010 American Royal Open... to back up their nice showing in the AR Invite, Swine Assassins took Reserve Grand out of 490 teams in the Open. A very, very nice weekend!
- You ain't gonna believe this... 4 Smokin Butts took another Grand at the Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ in Columbia, MO with 6th in chicken and 1st in pork. Dennis is red hot!
- 4 Smokin Butts wins yet another Grand at the Fountains Blaze-Off and Senior Q in Independence, MO. He won 3rd in chicken, 9th in ribs, 2nd in pork, and 6th in brisket. Great job "again" !
- 2010 DegaQue in Talladega, AL... Pit Bulls Up in Smoke took 15th overall with a nice 3rd place walk in ribs. Lee Thompson of Smokin' Butts took 10th in pork. And Lee Sweat of Sweat's BBQ took 1st place brisket with a perfect 180 score!
- I was browsing through the "180 Club" winners on the KCBS site, and I noticed these members had joined the club in 2010 (The 180 club is reserved for teams with perfect scores in a category)...
Bossman Bar-B-Que - Chicken - Kick in the Butt BBQ Championship Florence, CO
Jo-Bawb's BBQ - Chicken - Colorado Pork & Hops Challenge - Grand Junction, CO
Sweat's BBQ - Brisket - Degaque - Talladega, AL
- 4 Smokin Butts wins another Grand! That makes 6 this year! At the Get Your Pig On in Scottsdale, AZ they took 1st in ribs, 2nd in pork, and 1st in brisket.
Other notable member accomplishments include (this list is getting long!)...
- Stumps Smokers with an 11th place overall in Starke, FL with a 7th in chicken and 5th in brisket.
- The Ross Team with a 10th place overall in Starke, FL with a 9th in chicken and 7th in ribs.
- Wooley Bully "BBQ Mafia" with an impressive 8th place overall in Lakeland, FL with a 3rd in ribs and 12th in pork.
- Cook's Portable Smokehouse with a 5th place overall in Albany, GA with 2nd in chicken, 6th in pork, and 2nd in brisket.
- And also congratulations to Mickey of Blind Hog BBQ with an impressive 38th overall out of 228 teams at the Smoke on the Water USA Barbecue Championship in North Little Rock, AR. He was 10th in pork and 33rd in
brisket. Not bad when you look at the competition he was up against. They pay down 40 places in each category so he probably paid for his membership in that one weekend!
- Congrats to Tim Handy of JT's BBQ with a great 2nd place in pork and 1st in ribs at the 32 team Clover, SC SCBA cookoff.
- Timothy Perreault took 1st in brisket and 2nd in people's choice at the Crestview, FL Triple "B" contest. Great job!
- Wooley Bulley took 8th overall in Thomaston, GA with 3rd in chicken and 6th in brisket.
- Smokey Butts took 7th in ribs in Thomaston, GA.
- Cook's Portable Smokehous had an impressive 2nd place brisket in Thomaston, GA.
- Buster Davis (Smokin AJs) won Grand Champion in the backyard division in Thomaston, GA.
- From Stan: "...I had great results and was so confident that I entered my first contest this weekend and placed 2nd in brisket! There were 39 teams with many of them using their big rigs and their big sponsors against me with my
canopy, table and pit. If I had only placed 8th or better in any other category I would have been grand champion. My membership has already paid off the first time out. Now I need to work on those ribs and chicken. Thanks for
- Dothan, AL Tri-State Barbecue Festival - Congrats to The Ross Team for 2nd in Chicken & 1st in Ribs! And also congrats to LC Cook of Cook's Portable Smokehouse with 9th in chicken and 5th in ribs.
- 4 Smokin' Butts - Sikeston, MO - Redneck BBQ Contest - 9th overall with 3rd in chicken and 9th in brisket.
- Congratulations to Dave Franks of Lil Red Barn who took 9th overall in the Knoxville, TN Pork Knox Q Fest with 2nd in chicken and 7th in brisket.
- Barnesville, GA - Chatham Artillery BBQ took 4th overall and Wooley Bulley took 13th overall. Not too bad against some very stiff competition.
- Bill, I participated in The Pork In The Park 1st Annual Amateur BBQ Championship in Salisbury,Md. There were only 2 categories, ribs and chicken..I got 1st place chicken and won the Grand Championship...This was my first
- Bill, I was very pleased with my results this weekend at "Smokin' in the Ozarks" Springdale, Arkansas. I placed 1st
in Chicken, and 3rd in Brisket---with a fourth place finish overall. 45 teams and some stiff competition-strange though I thought my ribs and pork was some of my best!!!!!!!!!! Go figure! I thank you again for your help. Oh,
nearly forgot-I won the "people's choice"-chicken thighs they supplied cooked any fashion--$500 first place!!!!!!! - Mickey Lindsey - Blind Hog BBQ
- Rob Keeney of Border War Smokers took 1st place in brisket at the Sertoma 48 BBQ in Lawrence, KS! Way to go!
- Reserve Grand - Congratulations to Danny Coogle of Pit Bulls Up In Smoke with his reserve at the Smoke on the Lake BBQ festival - Acworth, GA
- Backyard Grand Champion, Rome GA - Congratulations to Harry Pierce of Runninwild Cookincrew. They took 1st in ribs and 3rd in chicken at their first contest. "...I have to give most of the credit to your videos. I have
watched them NUMEROUS times and tried to stick to them as cose as possible. We are now moving up to Pro..."
- Thanks again for producing such fine materials... This weekend, I competed in an FBA contest this weekend in Valley, AL. I went by your time line and followed along with everything... This was a very tough crowd. Big time
teams were all over the place. Nevertheless, I ended up with a 5th in Brisket, 5th in Pork, 10th in Chicken and a 8th in Ribs.. Net result, a 5th place overall. It was a good day for the Smokin-AJ's Team. I landed in the TOP 10
in each category.. I competed in the FBA a couple of years ago and that has never happen before. Thanks my friend for producing such great videos and a special thanks for STUMP'S SMOKERS for producing such a fine cooker.
- Bill, I did very good this weekend in my very first KCBS. Got a walk in brisket (5th place). Got me a nice shiny trophy and a check using hotter/faster in FEC. Some very, very stiff competition with a lot of well known
pitmasters competing. Thanks a lot Bill, Keith B. - Swing Dings BBQ - Chesapeake Jubilee, Chesapeake, VA
- 1st place ribs! Congrats to Tom Lanning of Cluck, Oink and Moo BBQ with their 1st place ribs at the Red, White & BBQ contest in Westmont, IL. That's some nice "oink"!
- 3rd place overall! Congratulations to Danny Coogle of Pit Bulls Up in Smoke again for his very nice finish at the Horsin' Around BBQ Showdown in Young Harris, GA. He had very nice walks with 4th in ribs and 2nd in pork.
Here's an email from Danny... "Hi Bill, just thought you'd like to know we finished third place overall at the horsing around BBQ showdown in young Harris we took second-place in sauce, fourth place in ribs,
second-place in pork, fifth-place in people's choice, 12th in brisket, 12 in chicken. Pit Bulls up in smoke 5 trophies and $1000 in prize money."
- Congrats to Danny Coogle "AGAIN"... Danny Coogle "Pit Bulls Up In Smoke" took 3rd place overall out of 40 teams and won 3rd place in brisket yesterday at the Georgia BBQ classic in Cartersville, GA.
- 1st place brisket at the Georgia Barbecue Classic in Cartersville, GA goes to Ghent Wilson of Swine Tyme. Way to go!
- 4 Smokin Butts took 4th overall and 1st place ribs, 6th chicken, 8th pork, and 8th brisket at the Eldon's Rockin' BBQ contest in Eldon, MO - great job!
- Leonard Cook of Cook's Portable Smokehouse had a good weekend at the FBA's Hobe Sound Bar-B-Que Festival in Hobe Sound, FL. 4th overall with nice walks... 6th in chicken, 5th in ribs, and 5th in brisket.
- Border War Smokers took 9th overall at the 2nd Annual Hay Capital BBQ Cook Off in Yates Center, KS. They had a nice 8th place walk in pork.
- Hawgs Gone Smokin took 7th overall at the New Jersey State Barbecue Championship in North Wildwood, NJ with a nice 2nd place walk in brisket.
- Chatham Artillery BBQ took 6th overall at the Greenwood, SC Festival of Discovery with a couple of good walks... 6th in ribs and 4th in brisket.
- A huge congratulations to Sue E Pigg for winning 2nd place in the brisket category in Greenwood, SC this weekend. I love it when one of my customers beats me in a contest!
- 3 First Place chicken categories in one weekend!... 4 Smokin Butts at the Clabber Girl Brickyard BBQ Fest Terre Haute, IN, Swing Dings at the Que and Cruz Louisa, VA, and Border War Smokers at the Wild Blue
Barbeque Burlington, KS. Now that's really cool!
- Gooney Creek BBQ took 2nd in pork and 9th in brisket and 11th overall at the Que and Cruz BBQ contest in Louisa, VA.
- Pack-A-Smokes took 2nd place ribs at the Carolina Foothills BBQ Cook-off in Gaffney, SC. Boat-n-BBQ had a nice walk with 6th in chicken. And Pickin Porkers was 4th overall with a nice 2nd place walk in pork.
- Bossman Bar-B-Que was 11th overall with 6th in chicken and 6th in brisket at the Griller's Cup in Laramie, WY.
- Leonard with Cook's Portable Smokehouse had a nice showing at the FBA's Hot Ribs & Cool Blues BBQ Festival in Anniston, AL... 6th overall, 6th chicken, 5th ribs, 9th pork, and 7th brisket.
- Joe Jenkins of When Pigs Fly took 6th overall and 3rd in brisket at the Bkue Suede Shoes 'n BBQ contest in Tiptonville, TN
- Bossman Bar-B-Que wins 4th overall against some stiff competition at the BBQ at the Summit in Dillon, CO. He had some nice walks with 4th chicken, 6th ribs, 7th pork, and 11th brisket.
- I noticed that my buddy at Pack-a-Smokes did fairly well at the Mountain High BBQ & Music Festival in Franklin, NC this past weekend. They took 10th overall and beat out many top ranked teams. They had nice walks with 5th
in chicken and 12th in pork. This is a fairly new team, so this is a big accomplishment for them.
- Congratulations to Border War Smokers for their 5th overall in the Flint Hills Beef Fest BBQ in Emporia, KS. They took 3rd in chicken, 11th in pork, and 2nd in brisket.
- Bossman Bar-B-Que took 10th overall in the 6th Annual Pepsi Wyoming State BBQ Championship and Bluegrass Festival in Worland, WY. They took 6th in chicken, 10th in pork, and 6th in brisket.
- Congrats to 4 SMOKIN BUTTS for their 11th overall in the Sam's Club Invitational BBQ Bash in Midwest City, OK. They took 7th in chicken and 7th in pork.
- The Pigs & Peaches BBQ Festival in Kennesaw, GA was full of BarbecueCoach.com members and we did quite well. Pit Bulls Up in Smoke was 3rd overall with 10th in ribs, 8th in pork, 5th in brisket, and 3rd in anything butt.
Mrs T's BBQ was 4th overall with 1st in ribs, 9th in pork, and 9th in brisket. Chatham Artillery BBQ was 13th overeall with 10th in pork and 14th in brisket. Boat-n-BBQ was 11th overall with 8th in chicken and 7th in brisket.
And finally Smokin Seargents was 7th in chicken and 13th in brisket.
- Congratulations to 4 Smokin Butts for their 3rd overall at the Cape BBQ Fest in Cape Girardeau, MO. They were 5th in chicken, 8th in ribs, 6th in pork, and 9th in brisket.
- Members did quite well at the Great Southern Tailgate Cookoff in Amelia Island, FL... Sweat's BBQ and Smokin AJs took 2nd and 3rd in chicken while Chatham Artillery BBQ took 5th overall with 8th in ribs, 7th in pork, and 7th in brisket.
- Congratulations to 4 Smokin Butts "again" for their 5th overall at the Windsor Septemberfest Cookoff in Windsor, MO. They had very nice walks with 1st in pork and 2nd in brisket.
- Jack Draw... congratulations to members who were selected in the 22nd Annual Jack Daniels World Invitational Barbecue contest: Pickin Porkers and The Ross Team. It's an honor just to get in the draw and I know several
other members including Chatham Artillery were in the draw but the luck did not shine on us!
- There were a couple teams in the Jug Tavern Bar-B-Q in Winder, GA this weekend. Pit Bulls Up in Smoke took 5th overall and had good walks with 8th in chicken, 2nd in pork, and 5th in brisket. Boat-n-BBQ was right behind
him with 6th overrall, 5th in chicken, 7th in ribs, and 3rd in pork.
- Bill, I just wanted to thank you for your videos. I recently competed in my first pro competition at the Jug Tavern
Festival in Winder, GA. This was actually my second contest ever, and as I said before first as a pro, I took 3rd
place in Chicken using your hot and fast chicken method! I had absolutely perfect bite thru skin and my flavors were great! As the videos are time released I hope to improve my other scores and to improve on my presentation
in the pork category! Thanks for everything and I hope to be able to provide you with more success stories in the future! John McGarvey Rebel Dawg BBQ
- At the Lake Oconee BBQ and Blues Festival in Greensboro, GA, several teams did quite well... Pickin Porkers was 3rd overall with 7th in chicken and 2nd in brisket. Chatham Artillery BBQ was 6th overall and 2nd place in ribs.
Sweats BBQ was 8th overall and a nice 5th place walk in chicken. And Pit Bulls Up in Smoke had a nice walk with 10th in brisket.
- Howdy Bill, I bought your bbq coach lifetime full access video series, these are the results: Jo-Bawb's BBQ won a 7th in ribs, 7th in brisket, 9th in chicken with a 9th overall at the Pepsi Wyoming State BBQ with 31 teams
including QUAQ. 4th in ribs at the Colorado State BBQ Championship at Craig with 33 teams coming in over Smokin' Triggers in ribs. 1st place with a perfect score of 180 in chicken and 6th in brisket and 6th overall with 49
teams competing at the Colorado Pork and Hops Challenge and coming in over QUAU and Smokin' Triggers. Jo-Bawb's BBQ is doing very good for a Wyoming BBQ team and thanks for your coaching, we have won $1200
so far this year (2010) with one more contest to go. Thanks again Lon Mitchell Jo-Bawb's BBQ
- Danny Coogle of Pit Bulls Up in Smoke took 1st in ribs at the Atlanta BBQ Festival. Congrats!
- Congratulations to Dave of Red Planet BBQ who won 1st place chicken at the Blues, Views & Barbecue contest in Westport, Ct. He also took 3rd place in pork in Norwalk, CT in September.
- Gooney Creek BBQ was 8th overall at the Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down in Rocky Mount, NC with nice walks - 6th in chicken and 7th in brisket.
- 4 Smokin Butts had a nice showing at the Central Illinois Bragging Rights in Arthur, IL. He was 8th overall with 10th in chicken, 10th in ribs, and 3rd in brisket.
- Pit Bulls Up in Smoke did well at the Covington Lions Sherman's Last Burning in Covington, GA. He was 6th overall with 5th in ribs, 2nd in pork, and 8th in brisket.
- When Pigs Fly had a good day at the Lancaster Dueling BBQ in Lancaster, CA. He was 7th overall with 2nd in pork and 8th in brisket.
- Bossmanbbq.com was 6th overall with 1st in chicken and 3rd in brisket at the Kick in the Butt BBQ Championship in Florence, CO. Jo-Bawbs BBQ was 5th in chicken. Nice job ya'll!
- Gooney Creek was 4th overall with a very nice 2nd place in brisket at the Smoketoberfest BBQ Challenge @ The Grove in Chambersburg, PA.
- There were a lot of member's at the FBA Coweta Up In Smoke Barbecue Cook-off in Newnan, GA. Git R Smoked was 3rd overall with 1st place chicken and 10th in pork. Smokey Butts was 9th overall with a nice 5th
place walk in ribs. Chatham Artillery BBQ was 11th overall with a nice 4th place walk in pork. Mrs. T's BBQ finished 13th overall and Wooley Bully finished 15th overall and took 6th in pork and 1st in brisket. Cook's
Portable Smokehouse took 5th in chicken, 10th in ribs, and 9th in brisket and Sweat's BBQ took 6th in brisket.
- Pit Bulls Up in Smoke had a nice 3rd overall showing at the Liberty Tree BBQ Championship in Dalton, GA with 4th in chicken, 9th in ribs, 4th in pork, and 5th in brisket.
- 4 Smokin Butts was 3rd overall with 4th place walks in ribs, pork, and brisket at the Grillin' For Life BBQ contest in Madison, MS.
- Git-R-Smoked was 3rd overall with 6th in chicken, 10th in ribs, 1st in pork, and 2nd in brisket at the Harmony Harvest Festival & BBQ Cookoff in Harmony, FL.
- Git-R-Smoked was 3rd overall "again" at the 3rd Annual Bartow Bluegrass & BBQ in Bartow, FL.
- I just finished up the Competition BBQ season down in Perry, FL at the Southern Pines Blues & BBQ contest and the FBA Triple Crown. I haven't quite figured out those FBA contests, so my results were average at best. Got a
good walk with 2nd place brisket though. I was very pleased with all the awards my BarbecueCoach.com members received…
• Wooly Bully BBQ Mafia – Reserve Grand in the Open contest with 7th in chicken, 3rd in ribs, 10th in pork, and 12th in brisket.
• Mrs T's BBQ had a nice showing in the open with 11th overall and 8th in ribs and 9th in brisket. They finished 7th in the Triple Crown with a very nice 3rd place chicken, 7th place pork, and 3rd place brisket.
• Get-R-Smoked finished 12th in the open and 10th in the Triple Crown. They had a nice 2nd place ribs finish in the open and were 4th in chicken and 3rd in ribs in the Triple Crown. And remember… if you need banners or
trailer graphics, contact Terry at www.customgraphicsfl.com
• The Ross Team finished 12th in the Triple Crown with 12th in chicken, 10th in ribs, and 10th in pork.
• Cook's Portable Smokehouse finished 13th in the Triple Crown and had a very nice 2nd place brisket finish.
• Chatham Artillery BBQ took 16th in the open with a nice 2nd place brisket and 9th place ribs. No luck in the
other categories. We took 17th overall in the Triple Crown and our only luck was with brisket which got us a 7th place ribbon